Plan Your Trip
No visit to the Zoo is complete without a trip to the Gift Shop! There you’ll find a large assortment of plush animals, clothing, games, and jewelry. Grab and go snack and beverage items are also available in the Gift Shop.
Open every day from 9 am - 5 pm.
Code of Conduct
The safety of our guests, team members, and animals is our top priority. To ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable experience – physically and emotionally, we expect everyone to follow these rules while on zoo grounds.
Weapons, including all firearms, are prohibited on zoo grounds.
Respect for People
- Threats or acts of physical violence, including intimidation, harassment, and/or coercion will not be tolerated.
- Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status will not be tolerated.
- Clothing featuring Confederate flags, swastikas, profanity, or other symbols or language associated with hate speech are not allowed.
- Smoking, vaping, and drug use are prohibited on zoo grounds.
Respect for Animals
- Do not harass or yell at animals or tap/bang on habitats to get the animals’ attention.
- Do not feed the animals or toss any objects into their enclosures. This includes geese, squirrels, and other animals on zoo grounds. Farm animals may be fed only with the food available in designated feeders.
- Barriers are placed throughout the zoo for the safety of guests and animals. Do not climb on or move barriers, or hold children over them.
- Climbing, sitting, or setting children on railings is prohibited.
If you observe behavior not in compliance with the Code of Conduct, or if you have questions, call (605) 367-7003 ex. 110 or alert zoo staff.
Failure to comply with this code of conduct will result in removal from the zoo and/or intervention by the Sioux Falls Police Department, in addition to possible prosecution under the following South Dakota codified law(s).
22-35-5. Criminal trespass--Violation as misdemeanor.
Any person who, knowing that he or she is not privileged to do so, enters or remains in any building or structure surreptitiously, or enters or remains in any critical infrastructure facility, is guilty of criminal trespass. Criminal trespass is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
22-35-6. Entering or refusing to leave property after notice--Misdemeanor.
Any person who, knowing that he or she is not privileged to do so, enters or remains in any place where notice against trespass is given by:
- Actual communication to the person who subsequently commits the trespass;
- Posting in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of trespassers; or
- Fencing or other enclosure which a reasonable person would recognize as being designed to exclude trespassers is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, if such trespasser defies an order to leave, personally communicated to him or her by the owner of the premises or by any other authorized person, the trespasser is guilty of criminal trespass, which is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Private Cart ToursEnjoy a Private Golf Cart Tour of the Zoo! (Jun 2 - Aug 13)
Join a knowledgeable guide on a 25-minute ride around the zoo, stopping at several animal exhibits (no hopping on and off, must stay in the vehicle for the duration of the tour). Golf carts seat up to four adult guests. Small children can ride on laps.
Tours are $25 for members and $30 for non-members. Tickets are online only and must be purchased in advance of the tour. The ticket includes all members of your party joining the tour.
Tours begin at 10 am and depart every 30 minutes. The final tour each day is 3:30 pm. Meet in the Plaza, in front of the Komodo dragon.
Get closer to your favorite animals and experience your Zoo in a whole new way! Your 30-minute Encounter will start with a personal mini-tour with one of our Educators. Once you reach your location, one of our Animal Care staff will facilitate a unique experience with your favorite animal.
Tour price includes up to 6 people, along with a photo to commemorate your experience. Zoo admission is not included. All ages are welcome; children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Rhino Feeding Experience ($300)
Help our keepers give one of our black rhinos a bucket of snacks and discover more about this endangered species!
- June 4 - 2 pm
- June 17 - 11 am
- July 2 - 2 pm
- July 15 - 11 am
- Aug. 6 - 2 pm
- Aug. 19 - 11 am
Big Cat Training Demonstration ($200)
Watch a training demonstration with one of our big cats in an off-exhibit area behind the scenes. Please note, participants will not interact directly with our cats.
- June 3 - 11 am
- June 18 - 2 pm
- July 1 - 11 am
- July 16 - 2 pm
- Aug. 5 - 11 am
- Aug. 20 - 2 pm
Galapagos Tortoise Feeding Experience ($200)
Give these gentle giants some of their favorite veggies!
- July 22 - 11 am
- Aug. 26 - 11 am
Bison & Miniature Horse Encounter ($100)
Visit a behind-the-scenes area to meet our bison and miniature horse, Raindancer, up close and in person!
- July 9 - 2 pm
- Aug. 13 - 2 pm
South Kitchen Tour ($100)
Discover the amazing ins and outs of feeding all our animals by touring our primary diet kitchen!
- June 10 - 11 am
- July 8 - 11 am
- Aug. 12 - 11 am