Seasonal Zoomobile Specialist
Come join us at the Great Plains Zoo as a Seaonal Zoomobile Specialist! This position assists in preserving the Zoo’s mission by presenting outreach programs ensuring that learning is a fun, engaging and memorable experience for our audiences. The Zoomobile Specialist will travel in a Zoo vehicle with ambassador animals up to 150 miles from the Zoo throughout the four-state region to present high-quality Education programs.
- Present a variety of Education programs for a wide range of ages and audiences.
- Utilize appropriate techniques to engage and educate participants, based on age, interest, and learning abilities.
- Transport, handle and present ambassador animals in a safe and professional manner, following all established department guidelines.
- Maintain necessary program-related reports.
- Drive large vehicles up to 150 miles from the Zoo.
- Assist with ZooCamp and Junior ZooKeeper programs as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Completed education or science degree or coursework towards a related degree preferred.
- Experience handling animals required.
- Experience leading education programs is required. Experience with informal education and/or outreach programs is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
- Must have a valid South Dakota driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to lift animal carriers into and out of vehicles.
The Zoo is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a greater understanding of our natural world through Education, Conservation, Recreation and Discovery. The Great Plains Zoo cares for animals from around the world and offers up-close views of animals often not found in larger zoos, including Giraffes, Tigers, Rhinos and a national award-winning Snow Monkey exhibit.
Love this zoo! Great place to get a walk in and the animals are everywhere! The museum/indoor part is very educational too. Has a lot of shade for when it's hot out. Very clean. Friendly staff.Taylor F.
We love to visit the zoo. They have great outdoor exhibits and lots to do inside as well. Great for kids and adults.Robin A.
Lots of great exhibits and animals to see! Fun gift shop and learning center.Stephanie N.
The museum gives you a break from the sun on hot summer days and has a great selection of animal exhibits from around the world. The zoo keeps growing and adding new animal habitats or improving existing ones. Membership offers reciprocal benefits to other zoos around the country.Bill T.