Seasonal Event Specialist
Seasonal Event Specialist
Come join us at the Great Plains Zoo as a Seasonal Event Specialist! This position assists in forwarding the Zoo’s mission by facilitating and coordinating birthday parties, company picnics, and other facility rentals. You will be responsible for working with vendors, clients, and Zoo staff to ensure quality rental events at the Zoo.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate birthday parties, including set-up, client contact during event, and tear-down.
- Coordinate day-of logistics for company picnics and other facility rentals, including set-up, tear-down, and client contact throughout the event.
- Communicate with clients, outside vendors, and other Zoo staff before and during facility rentals, special events, and birthday parties.
- Assist with Zoo special events, including set-up, tear-down, and other roles as needed.
- Maintain inventory of party and rental supplies.
- Position may also include responding to rental and party inquiries, assisting with the booking process, and coordinating vendor orders.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be 18 years of age. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background and MVR check.
- Previous experience in customer service is preferred.
- Previous experience coordinating events is preferred.
- Must be able to work well alone as well as part of a team.
- Must be willing and able to interact with guests of all ages and abilities.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, be able to lift 40 pounds, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
The Zoo is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a greater understanding of our natural world through Education, Conservation, Recreation and Discovery. The Great Plains Zoo cares for animals from around the world and offers up-close views of animals often not found in larger zoos, including Giraffes, Tigers, Rhinos and a national award-winning Snow Monkey exhibit.
Complete the Employment Application form below and upload your resume.
Love this zoo! Great place to get a walk in and the animals are everywhere! The museum/indoor part is very educational too. Has a lot of shade for when it's hot out. Very clean. Friendly staff.Taylor F.
We love to visit the zoo. They have great outdoor exhibits and lots to do inside as well. Great for kids and adults.Robin A.
Lots of great exhibits and animals to see! Fun gift shop and learning center.Stephanie N.
The museum gives you a break from the sun on hot summer days and has a great selection of animal exhibits from around the world. The zoo keeps growing and adding new animal habitats or improving existing ones. Membership offers reciprocal benefits to other zoos around the country.Bill T.