Come Join Us At The Great Plains Zoo!
The Development Manager is responsible, under the supervision of the President/CEO, for helping to build the private support base of the Great Plains Zoo. The Development Manager will work with leadership to pursue, secure and facilitate corporate sponsorships, philanthropic gifts and business memberships. This will be accomplished through strategic planning, effective writing and communication skills, and by working in collaboration with other Zoo staff to identify appropriate opportunities which directly benefit the Great Plains Zoo.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing all in-house development functions, including, but not limited to acknowledgements, database management, business membership development, coordinating appeal mailings and other related mailings; overseeing donor research and planning and coordinating special events. The Development Manager is also responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining systems that ensure the successful and effective execution of the department's annual development plan.
* Manage the overall Development projects calendar to ensure timely start and completion of all related initiatives.
* Identify and research new private donors.
* Manage and foster a portfolio of the Zoo's existing corporate relationships while researching new corporate sponsors for the Zoo.
* Manage and foster the Zoo's Business Membership Program while identifying and researching new program participants.
* Coordinate the delivery and activation of all elements of each sponsorship, philanthropic gift and membership.
* Ensure donor database is current, usable and accurate. Summarize findings in a clear and concise manner.
* Ensure acknowledgement of donations, corporate sponsorships and executive memberships are sent promptly and the associate information has been entered into database.
* Effectively deliver presentations about the Zoo and its mission to service clubs and other interested groups.
* Provide planning and coordination for fundraising events benefiting the Zoo (Jungle Jubilee and Zoo Boo).
* Requires a bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years of related work experience or an acceptable combination of education and experience as determined by the hiring authority.
* Experience working with non-profit organizations with a proven track record of success in the solicitation of corporate sponsorships and philanthropic gifts is preferred.
* Experience with fundraising software is preferred.
* The preferred candidate will have strong sales skills, will be self-motivated and detail oriented.
* The position requires outstanding oral and written communication skills; the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required.
* This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Microsoft proficiency is required.
* This position will require some evening and weekend hours as needed for special events.
Love this zoo! Great place to get a walk in and the animals are everywhere! The museum/indoor part is very educational too. Has a lot of shade for when it's hot out. Very clean. Friendly staff.Taylor F.
We love to visit the zoo. They have great outdoor exhibits and lots to do inside as well. Great for kids and adults.Robin A.
Lots of great exhibits and animals to see! Fun gift shop and learning center.Stephanie N.
The museum gives you a break from the sun on hot summer days and has a great selection of animal exhibits from around the world. The zoo keeps growing and adding new animal habitats or improving existing ones. Membership offers reciprocal benefits to other zoos around the country.Bill T.