Seasonal Guest Services Team Members
Are you looking for a unique summer job? How about a work environment surrounded by great people and Zoo animals? Join us as a seasonal guest services team member and make it a summer to remember! As a seasonal guest services team member, your top priority is to provide guests with outstanding service and ensure their visit to the Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History is enjoyable and safe.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, positive, courteous, self-motivated, respectful and are available to work holidays, weekends and early evening hours from April through September. Guest Services has a variety of locations throughout the Zoo, including: Admissions, Gift Shop, Gateway, Farm Store, Train, Carrousel, Maasai Market and Vending.
Qualified candidates must:
* Provide superior customer service to guests.
* Have excellent verbal communication skills - both in person and on the phone.
* Treat guests and co-workers with courtesy and respect.
* Have an enthusiastic approach to job responsibilities.
* Be self-motivated, observant and efficient.
* Be at least 16 years of age for most positions.
* Be at least 18 years of age with valid driver's license to operate Train and Carrousel.
* Submit to a pre-employment criminal background check.
* Being a point of contact for guests about general zoo information.
* Preparing and selling food and beverage orders.
* Using computer software for registrations, memberships, food, beverage and merchandise sales.
* Handling cash and credit card sale transactions.
* Maintaining and re-stocking Guest Services locations and restrooms.
* Following procedures and health codes to ensure safe practices for food, equipment and cleaning.
Love this zoo! Great place to get a walk in and the animals are everywhere! The museum/indoor part is very educational too. Has a lot of shade for when it's hot out. Very clean. Friendly staff.Taylor F.
We love to visit the zoo. They have great outdoor exhibits and lots to do inside as well. Great for kids and adults.Robin A.
Lots of great exhibits and animals to see! Fun gift shop and learning center.Stephanie N.
A really great zoo featuring some exotic species and I liked the focus on conservancy/breeding to preserve species for the rhinos. The safari area's cheetah was awesome to see. During a week day going, it was quite open to walk around and enjoy without too much crowding.Joseph H.
The museum gives you a break from the sun on hot summer days and has a great selection of animal exhibits from around the world. The zoo keeps growing and adding new animal habitats or improving existing ones. Membership offers reciprocal benefits to other zoos around the country.Bill T.