Seasonal Guest Services Team Lead
The Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History has openings for Seasonal Guest Services Team Leads for the summer season. Your top priority will be to provide guests with outstanding service and ensure their Zoo visit is enjoyable and safe. You will also provide front line support to the Guest Services team members working the many Guest Services locations throughout the Zoo and Museum.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, positive, courteous, self-motivated, respectful and are available to work days, weekends, holidays and early evening hours during the months of April through September. Responsibilities include general day-to-day duties and team member support of the Guest Services locations including: Admissions, Gift Shop, Gateway, Farm Store, Train, Carrousel, Maasai Market and Vending.
Qualified candidates must:
• Provide superior customer services to guests.
• Must have excellent communication skills – both in person and over the phone.
• Treat guests and co-workers with courtesy and respect.
• Have an enthusiastic approach to job responsibilities.
• Be self-motivated, observant and efficient by completing work accurately with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem-solving, leadership and organizational skills.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
• Submit to a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Complete procedures necessary to open and close the Zoo, Museum and Guest Services locations.
• Respond to Guest Services locations for support to Guest Services team members.
• Point of contact for guests about general Zoo information.
• Preparing and selling food and beverage orders.
• Using computer software for registrations, memberships, food, beverage and merchandise sales.
• Handling cash and credit card sale transactions.
• Maintaining and re-stocking Guest Services locations and restrooms.
• Following procedures and health codes to ensure safe practices of food, equipment and cleaning.
• Assist the Guest Services Manager/Asst Managers with staff training, special events, group services and other duties.
Love this zoo! Great place to get a walk in and the animals are everywhere! The museum/indoor part is very educational too. Has a lot of shade for when it's hot out. Very clean. Friendly staff.Taylor F.
We love to visit the zoo. They have great outdoor exhibits and lots to do inside as well. Great for kids and adults.Robin A.
Lots of great exhibits and animals to see! Fun gift shop and learning center.Stephanie N.
A really great zoo featuring some exotic species and I liked the focus on conservancy/breeding to preserve species for the rhinos. The safari area's cheetah was awesome to see. During a week day going, it was quite open to walk around and enjoy without too much crowding.Joseph H.
The museum gives you a break from the sun on hot summer days and has a great selection of animal exhibits from around the world. The zoo keeps growing and adding new animal habitats or improving existing ones. Membership offers reciprocal benefits to other zoos around the country.Bill T.