Facilities Maintenance Worker
This position assists with the repair and maintenance of Zoo buildings, equipment, grounds and exhibits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair or replacement.
- Assist in construction, alteration, preparation, painting and repair to structures made of wood, plaster, concrete or brick: assists in the construction of cabinets, tables, shelves and other furniture.
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of fences, roofs and walls.
- Assists in the maintenance and minor repairs to heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment, plumbing and heating fixtures and components, pumps, valves and boiler systems.
- Assists in the trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical distribution systems including electric motors, electric controls, fire alarms and clock systems.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of lockable hardware such as doors, automatic electric doors, windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities and maintains records on keys made and issued and lock replacements.
- Knowledge of and physical ability to use equipment, machinery and tools used in repair and maintenance of buildings, equipment, grounds and exhibits.
- Extensive skills using hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Previous experience in welding is beneficial, but not required.
- Knowledge of and skill in following safety practices, occupational hazards and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience and knowledge of Windows based software systems.
- This position will include weekend hours and may include work in environments that are dusty/dirty and in varying weather and temperature conditions.
- Candidates must be able to possess a valid driver's license, and pass a background check prior to employment.