Administrative Services Manager
Come join us at the Great Plains Zoo as an Administrative Services Manager. This newly created role will be responsible for managing the daily functions of the Administrative office of the Zoo, including the management of the external technology vendor relationships, the administration of business insurance (liability, P&C, D&O, etc), the procurement of office supplies and equipment across the Zoo and Independent Contractor vendor management. This position is also responsible for serving as the Zoo's Sharepoint administrator, making travel and meeting arrangements and assisting the CEO in preparing presentations, correspondence, memos, newsletters, board, packets, etc.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In consultation with the Director of HR & Administrative Services oversees, plans, and approves the purchase, rent, lease, license or other acquisition from external vendors of computer, communications or office systems hardware, software, or services to meet the operational needs and requirements of the Zoo.
- Manages, in consultation with the Director of HR & Administrative Services, the administration of liability, property and casualty insurance, Directors and Officers coverage to assure appropriate planning, risk management and decision making to protect the Zoo and limit its exposure.
- Serves as administrator for the Zoo’s multiple SharePoint sites and ensures accurate information is warehoused appropriately and continues to enhance and build upon existing site. Will serve as point of contact answering questions and providing access for employees and various stakeholders as needed. Creates content for executive management and ensures accuracy through regular updates.
- Assists with executive management meeting preparation and travel arrangements. Is responsible for scheduling, planning, and preparing for staff meetings, Board of Director meetings and other stakeholder meetings.
- Independently prepares a wide variety of executive correspondence, proofreads communications, and takes attendance and minutes at formal and informal meetings.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates office functions and activities including the management of office resources with attention to sustainability and fiscal responsibility. Activities include mail services, office supply and equipment procurement, etc.
- Create and disseminate policies and procedures as needed.
- May serve as Manager on Duty.
- Ability to perform highly responsible duties that are confidential, technical, complex, and varied in nature with limited supervision.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Strong experience with MS suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and provide deliverables as agreed upon.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong rapport and effective relationships with employees, vendors, stakeholders, and partners of the Zoo.
- Must be a flexible team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative and drive.
- Superior customer service skills to meet a wide variety of audience needs including staff, management, Board of Directors, stakeholders, etc.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' office management experience preferably in a busy, dynamic and fast-paced office environment.
The 45-acre Great Plains Zoo is located in Sioux Falls, SD a vibrant and growing community!
- A metro population of over 278,000.
- Smart Asset ranks Sioux Falls first as the Best City For Young Professionals in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- ZipRecruiter identified Sioux Falls as the third hottest job market in 2020.
- WalletHub ranked Sioux Falls as No. 15 on the 2019 list of Happiest Cities in America.
- Livability ranked Sioux Falls No. 7 among the 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live
Full-time positions include competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and short and long term disability insurances, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, eight paid holidays and a PTO allowance.