With several large spaces available, the Great Plains Zoo can accommodate your group for meals or meetings. We have an on-site group services coordinator who can help you with all the details of your event! Let us assist you with logistics and catering so you can focus on the content of your event.
- Savannah Park:Located near the Zoo’s African Savannah, this location can hold up to 5,000 guests. It is the ideal setting for large concerts, festivals, corporate functions, and more.
- Wallaby Pavilion: Located in the heart of the Zoo, this location features a small covered pavilion and can accommodate up to 600 people.
- Memorial Garden: Is a wooded area well-suited for weddings or small gatherings.
- Shoreline: Located along the river and near the Zoo’s picturesque Memorial Garden, this location can be configured for many different events. It can accommodate 300-600 guests when combined with the Memorial Garden.
- Great Room: This indoor space is located in the Delbridge Museum of Natural History. The Great Room has around 6,400 square feet of space, and can be configured to seat up to 400 guests banquet-style, and 200 conference-style.
Ready for a Wild Time?
For more information, call our group services coordinator at 605.367.8313, ext. 125 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Zoo offers a unique, fun and relaxing experience for you and your guests no matter what the occasion. Take advantage of all we have to offer by adding one of these exciting options with your rental:
- Animal Encounters: Let your guests get up-close to small animals like a Striped Skunk or a Ball Python.
- Savannah Express Train Ride: Tour Africa (the exhibit, not the continent) on the Zoo’s train, the Savannah Express! Enjoy a behind-the-scenes guided tour from our train conductor. (seasonal/outdoors – weather dependent)
- Sanford Carrousel: The custom-designed carrousel consists of six horses, three zebras, an elephant, white rhino, gorilla, dolphin, deer, rooster, cheetah, and two panda bears. The carrousel also has a handicap-accessible bench seat. (seasonal – weather dependent)