Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum
Seasonal Guest Services Team Lead
The Great Plains Zoo has openings for Seasonal Guest Services Team Leads for this summer season. Help guests enjoy their Zoo visit by working and/or supervising one of the many Guest Service locations throughout the Zoo and Museum.
As a Guest Services Team Lead, your top priority is to provide guests with outstanding service and to make their visit as enjoyable and safe as possible. Responsibilities include general day-to-day duties and supervision of the Guest Service areas (Admissions, Gift Shop, Gateway, Farm Store, Train, Carrousel, Maasai Market, and Vending). Additional assistance may be required for Group Services and Special Events. We’ll also count on you to project a positive image within the Zoo and Museum at all times.
- Provide superior customer service to guests.
- Treat guests and fellow employees in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Uphold courteous relationships with Zoo staff, Board Members, Volunteers, Clients, and Guests.
- Keep an enthusiastic approach to job responsibilities and accountability.
- Contribute to maintain high morale among team members.
- Be self-motivated, observant and efficient by completing work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt well and stay calm during sudden environment, safety and crowd changes.
- Must have excellent communication skills including in-person and over the phone.
- Share customer comments with appropriate staff for the benefit of the Zoo.
- Proficient computer skills to work with software system for registrations, memberships, food, beverage and merchandise sales.
- Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Point of contact for all guests about general Zoo information.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Prepare and sell food and beverage orders.
- Follow procedures and health codes to ensure safe practices of food, equipment, and cleaning.
- Complete procedures necessary to open and close the Zoo, Museum and Guest Service locations.
- Respond to Guest Services areas for the support of any staff member.
- Understand and enforce policies, procedures and general rules of all Guest Service locations.
- Assist the Guest Services Manager/Assistant Managers with the training of staff, special events, and other duties assigned.
- Assist with food, beverage, merchandise or janitorial deliveries.
- Upkeep and restock of Guest Service locations and restrooms.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Summer holidays, weekends, and evening work is required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must submit to a criminal background check prior to employment
Reports: Reports to the Guest Service Manager and/or Guest Service Assistant Managers.
Status: Seasonal (non-exempt) position(s).
Employment applications may be found here.
Résumés and completed employment applications may be sent to:
Bridget Nilges, Guest Services Manager
Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History
805 S. Kiwanis Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104