Seasonal Guest Services Team Member(s)
Are you looking for a unique summer job? How about a work environment surrounded by Zoo animals? The Great Plains Zoo has openings for Seasonal Guest Services Team Members that will make it a summer to remember. By working at one of the many Guest Service locations throughout the Zoo and Museum, you would help guests enjoy their Zoo visit while having a work setting like no other.
As a Guest Services Team Member, your top priority is to provide guests with outstanding service and to make their visit as enjoyable and safe as possible. Responsibilities include general day-to-day duties in Guest Service areas (Admissions, Gift Shop, Gateway, Farm Store, Train, Carrousel, Maasai Market, and Vending). Additional assistance may be required for Group Services and Special Events. We’ll also count on you to project a positive image within the Zoo and Museum at all times.
- Provide superior customer service to guests.
- Treat guests and fellow employees in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Uphold courteous relationships with Zoo staff, Board Members, Volunteers, Clients, and Guests.
- Keep an enthusiastic approach to job responsibilities and accountability.
- Contribute to maintain high morale among team members.
- Be self-motivated, observant and efficient by completing work accurately with minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt well to sudden environment, safety and crowd changes.
- Must have excellent communication skills including in-person and over the phone.
- Share customer comments with appropriate staff for the benefit of the Zoo.
- Proficient computer skills to work with software system for registrations, memberships, food, beverage and merchandise sales.
- Ability to handle cash and credit card sale transactions.
- Point of contact for all guests about general zoo information.
- Prepare and sell food and beverage orders.
- Follow procedures and health codes to ensure safe practices regarding food, equipment, and cleaning.
- Upkeep and restock of Guest Service locations and restrooms.
- Other duties as assigned by Guest Service Manager, Assistant Managers and/or Team Leaders.
- Must be at least 16 years of age for most locations but 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license to operate the Train and Carrousel.
- Summer holidays, weekends, and early evening work may be required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must submit to a criminal background check prior to employment
Reports: Reports to the Guest Service Manager and/or Guest Service Assistant Managers.
Status: Seasonal (non-exempt) position(s).
Employment applications may be found here.
Résumés and completed employment applications may be sent to:
Bridget Nilges, Guest Services Manager
Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History
805 S. Kiwanis Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104